|Remember Kodo & Podo?|
Demon Hunter Companion Pet RunesI chose the Demon Hunter as my main Diablo 3 character for two main reasons. I had much experience farming in Diablo 2 with the old Demon Hunter predecessor, the Amazon, and because of the great benefit of one of the Demon Hunter's companion options - Ferrets!
At level 17, the Demon Hunter unlocks the option to use the skill: Companion. The Companion skill starts off by allowing the Demon Hunter to summon a raven companion that periodically attacks enemies, but rarely needs to be recast. At various levels, the Demon Hunter unlocks that ability to use Runes to modify the Companion Skill to allow for the summoning of 5 additional Companion pets. You can only ever have 1 Companion pet at a time.
Various Demon Hunter Companion Runes
- Spider Companion (Level 22) - Summon a Spider whose attacks also slow enemy movement speed by 60% for 2 seconds.
- Bat Companion (Level 29) - A Bat replaces the Raven and grants 3 Hatred per second.
- Boar Companion (Level 41) - The Boar has an attack that hits all enemies in the area of effect.
- Ferret Companion (Level 49) - Summons Ferrets that collect gold for you and increased Gold Find by 10%.
- Wolf Companion (Level 59) - Summon a Wolf that does twice the damage of the other Companions, but only lasts for 25 seconds per cast.
Demon Hunter Ferret CompanionThe Demon Hunter's Ferret Companions not only run around and pick up the gold off of the ground for you, but they also add 10% extra Gold Find! How sweet is that?!? Every little bit of extra gold will add up over the course of your characters Diablo 3 career, especially on the higher difficulty levels of Diablo 3, like Hell and Inferno difficulty.
This is a sweet Rune choice for the Demon Hunter's Companion skill. In addition to increasing the amount of gold that drops, and not having to worry about running around to loot the gold pieces, you also can free up one of the preferred affixes for farming characters. You don't need to equip gear with the affixes that increase the Gold Pick-up Radius because your Ferrets will be picking up the gold for you. That frees up some item slots for more damage dealing or survivability stats like Resistance or Vitality.
Besides, who doesn't love Ferrets?
Zygor Guides - The Only Diablo III Guide You Can Trust
Eviscerated.net - Home of The Eviscerated Gaming Podcast - A WEEKLY PODCAST